- General Info:
- Children's Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) and Children's Hospital at Mission form the backbone of Orange County's premier resource for pediatric health care. The two not-for-profit hospitals are Orange County's only hospitals exclusively serving infants, children and adolescents. CHOC, founded in 1964, is a 202-bed, tertiary-level hospital located in the city of Orange. With a medical staff of more than 500 physicians, CHOC offers nearly every pediatric specialty and provides a full spectrum of healthcare services ranging from prevention programs for healthy children to the most advanced medical care for those with serious illnesses. In 1993, Children's Hospital at Mission opened in Mission Viejo to expand our reach to the growing south Orange County community. Located on the campus of Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center, Children's Hospital at Mission is a 48-bed pediatric “hospital-within-a-hospital.” It includes a pediatric intensive care unit, neonatal intensive care unit and medical/surgical floor. Both hospitals are dedicated to providing the highest quality pediatric health care as well as offering specialized programs and services to meet the unique needs of children and their families. Please call us today or visit our website for detailed information on the services we offer and how we can help you and your child on the road to better health.
- Extra Phones:
CHOC Mission: (949) 364-1400
- We offer health & medical care for infants, children & adolescents in almost all pediatric specialty areas including: Adolescent Medicine, Allergy/Immunology, Asthma Clinic, Behavioral & Developmental Medicine, Cardiology (Heart), Cardiothoracic Surgery (Chest & Lungs), Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery, Critical Care, Dentistry, Dermatology, Development, Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT), Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology & Diabetes, Epilepsy Center, Family Practice, Gastroenterology, Genetics, Hematology, Infectious Disease, Intensive Care (ICU), Medical/Surgical Units, Metabolic Disorders, Neonatology, Nephrology, Neurology, Nutrition Services, Oncology (Cancer Care & Treatment), Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Otolaryngology, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy, Podiatry, Psychiatry, Psychology, Pulmonary & Respiratory, Pulmonology, Radiology, Respiratory Therapy, Rheumatology & Arthritis, Robotic Surgery, Surgery, Teen Services, Trauma Center & Urology. Call or click today for more detailed information.
- We offer a wide variety of programs & services including: Cardiovascular Intensive Care; CHOC at Mission Short Stay Units; CHOC Cancer Institute; CHOC Clinics; CHOC Heart Institute; CHOC Institutes; CHOC Neuroscience Institute; CHOC Pediatric Advisor; CHOC's Reading Clubhouse; Cord Blood Bank; Early Developmental Assessment Center; Epilepsy Center; Healthy Families; Healthy Tomorrows Mobile Health Clinic; Home Health (St. Joseph Agency); Medical/Surgical Units; Neonatal Intensive Care; Neuroscience Unit; Nursing; Nutrition Services; Oncology Intensive Care; Parent Advice Line; Pastoral Care; Pediatric Intensive Care; Pharmacy; Research; Social Services; Support Groups; Surgical Short Stay Units; Teen Services; Thrift Stores; Transport Services; Trauma Unit. Please call or click today for more information.
- While your child is in the hospital, we will work closely with you to create a warm, compassionate environment while providing excellent medical care. As a parent of a child at CHOC, you are an important part of the team working to make your son or daughter well. You are a source of information, security, and comfort to your child in unfamiliar surroundings. Your presence in the hospital is very important to your child and to us, we will be here to answer your questions and help you play an active role in your child's care.
- English, Spanish
- “Magnet recognition” for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Bronze Level CAPE Award from the California Council for Excellence (CCE), Leapfrog 2007 Top Hospitals, “Excellence in Patient Safety & Health Care Quality Award” from Aetna - Blue Shield of California - CIGNA HealthCare of California & United Healthcare, Voted one of the Best Places to Work by OCMetro Magazine, Voted the #1 “best place to work” and the #1 “best place to volunteer” in The Orange County Register's Best of Orange County readers' poll